Letter for the 'No Chase Policy'
In order to change the multi-layered and complex policies that lead to the ‘no chase policy’ a whole host of laws, policies and guidelines need to be changed. At the same time, the sentencing guidelines need to be reviewed to form a more appropriate deterrent to criminals. We Ride London has created a letter for your to base your own letters on. Due to the nature of the issue you really need to write to, at the minimum:
- Your MP
- The Mayor of London
- The Home Office
- The Sentencing Council
- Your Police Crime Commissioner
You should also consider writing to:
- Your London Assembly Member
- The National Police Chiefs Council
- The Mayor’s office for policing
Follow this link to download a proposed letter - please feel free to adjust and personalise as required.
- Follow this link to find out who your MP is and their postal address.
- Follow this link to find out who your London Assembly member is and their email address.
- Follow this link to find out who your local Police Crime Commissioner is. http://www.apccs.police.uk/contact/ - you can also write to the APCCS directly
- The Mayor’s office for Policing details are here: https://www.police.uk/metropolitan/pcc/
- Sadiq Khan is on email@example.com
- The Independent Police Complaints Committee is here: https://www.ipcc.gov.uk/page/contact
- The National Police Chiefs Council is here: http://www.npcc.police.uk/Info/Generalenquires.aspx
- Home Office: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/home-office
- Sentencing Council: https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/contact-us/
#WeRideLondon #ProtectBikers #BikersUnited #MopedCrime